3.12.2011

Hard-Pressed for Motivation

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.”

IF that is true, then why is it that you can have all the motivation in the world to get a particular task done when you are busy, but when you finally have time to accomplish that task, you find yourself devoid of all previous energy/desire?

I don’t mean to sound whiny, I really do think this applies to life. It simply doesn’t match mine as of right now. Just because I persist in cleaning the house every day and hand-washing the dishes as often as time permits (since we currently have no dishwasher), it hasn’t yet occurred to me that doing so has become easier…In fact, as I speak, the house is a wreck-my belongings are strewn across the house, the laundry is piling up, there are numerous “home improvement” projects in various stages scattered all around the floor, and worst of all, the dirty dishes fill both sinks and overflow across the counter. DisGUSTing.
Cue the music from the shower scene in Psycho. It's bad!

Have a listen below. 
 Seriously.  
The music got me feeling like I was sitting on pins and needles I was so tense!
Happens every time.

|
|
|
V


Even my attempt at listening to some of my favorite music that usually helps in motivating me has failed this cold Saturday morning. What gives? 

“Something’s missing,
And I don’t know how to fix it.
Something’s missing,
And I don’t know what it is.
No, I don’t know what it is,
At all.” –John Mayer

Speaking of John-
I heart that guy.
I met him once.
Just over 7 years ago-Feb 17, 2004 to be exact.
Be jealous. 
He is one swell guy.
Plus, he has a voice that melts me.
 Except when he sings "Daughters".
I hate that song.

But, he is still not as amazing as my husband.
Just throwing that out there.

No comments: