3.07.2011

Undoing Uglification

See these two lovely light givers eyesores that adorn either side of the "sleeping area" of my abode?
The Buddha lamp
Going for the gold-with a tear in the shade



















 Yikes.

I had a good long look around the house the other day and discovered many little projects I have been turning a blind eye to for the last while. Since a majority of what furnishes this house is compliments of my neighbor's DI/Goodwill fanaticism, I have a mish-mash of random pieces of awful furniture (don't get me wrong-I <3 the DI...one just needs to have some common sense/judgment when entering the realm of thrift-shopping. DO NOT BUY SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP!!! Otherwise you may end up with a house that could be showcased on the "Hoarder" series... :D lol).

In keeping with this "thrifty" tradition, I decided that I must make a difference . I must undo the uglification that has been forced upon the Postage Stamp by above said neighbor. However, I had to set myself some rules. These projects will be: cheap (I don't want to use up all my funds increasing the value/usefulness of a place I do not own), projects that I could actually do something about (I don't have all the tools in the world), and last of all, they must be projects that just might make this little place a more bearable place to live for awhile longer (for obvious reasons!).

Thus the reason I decided to take on another random project (in the midst of many other incomplete ones-read: chest of drawers re-do, DI giveaway/spring cleaning, mirror frame paint job, giant tool chest cover construction, etc.), and they are now in the midst of being revamped...to look like they belong inside the Postage Stamp. (I hope)


We shall see what the end result is. Here's to believing my little world can be a little less horrendous looking.

(Although, to be honest, 
I don't think these babies could be 
a worse looking pair...do you?)

No comments: