3.28.2011

Birthday Wishes

SO happy to be together on my birthday in Zion's NP
All I wanted for my birthday this year was to hike Angel's Landing in Zion's National Park. I'm so blessed to have a husband that will indulge me in my wishes.
Though my birthday morning started out early, it was a trip well worth it. We had one accidental 40 minute long detour...which was okay, since we got to see 5 baby mountain goats-so adorable! We also had all sorts of crazy weather (clouds, sun, hail, wind, rain...), but it didn't rain til we got back into the car. Talk about perfect timing!

On top of the world

Such an interesting crack in the rocks.

The True top of Angel's Landing- I will make it there someday soon!

Breath-taking!

Proof that you can grow anywhere you're planted...even in rocks!

The start of the hardest part of the climb-the last half mile.

The hail that came down on us just as we started back down Angel's Landing.

I just love the outdoors!

Jinishing the hike.


Such a gorgeous view-the sun decided to peek out of the clouds just as we arrived near the top!

No comments: