5.02.2011

Hindsight is 20/20.

Does the power in the possibilities created by hindsight ever get on your nerves?

It does to me.
Quite often, actually.

Like finally giving in and buying that full-priced "thing" you have waited for months (oh, so patiently) to go on sale...and the next week the price drops?
Or skyrockets higher?

Shoulda jumped on that while you had the chance, huh dingbat?!

Sometimes its hindsight that frustrates me in how I could have helped someone dear to me.
Maybe that one little act
Wouldn't have changed much.
Or anything.


But maybe, just maybe-
that one little act
would have changed everything.

Life sometimes knocks us down.
But we can't let that act define who we are.
Or who we will become.
Because we have the ability to become so much more.

"Ability is nothing without opportunity." Napoleon Bonaparte

Hindsight cannot explain everything.

And for that, I am grateful.

1 comment:

shaunie said...

It gets on my nerves! I'm learning to let go of lost opportunities, or forks in the road I didn't take. Who knows, they probably weren't as good as I once thought anyway.